Sunday, October 26, 2008

What's wrong with this?

Normal, regular, adjusted human beings - and in particular those with tummies easily turned - may well reply that an exhibition of skinned corpses coated in plastic, curated by a man previously convicted for faking his academic credentials, and accused of sourcing the dead he displays from Kyrgyzstan psychiatric institutions, and executed prisoners from China, all for the entertainment of the masses - that's what's wrong with this sort of thing:


But as for us chess players?

Take a closer look at the board . . .


Source: The Metro, with thanks to R J Christie for the tip.
PS. I am tempted to ask a similar question about this, although my answer is somewhat different.

3 comments:

Jonathan B said...

I spied that picture last week too ... but I've been beaten to the punch. As I will be again on Tuesday as it turns out.

Anonymous said...

I won my chess club championship. I still have the little plastic trophy. They ran a photo of the event in the monthly school bulletin of the final match. The kings rook square was BLACK. Thirty years later, and my opponent still contends that the game was invalid.

Anonymous said...

The other one you found is a cracker too, Tom. Great photo. Keep up the good work on the blog. Cheers.