Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Quiz

Ok it's not Morgan's Ron Passant Murder Mystery but I didn't get where I am today without enjoying a Friday quiz so ...

Get from Question A to Question B in three easy steps:-



Question A:
The programme I'm thinking of watching which stars Martin Clunes and is starting tonight on BBC is ... ?


Step 1 ................................................................


Step 2 ................................................................


Step 3 ................................................................


Question B:
A new book from Quality Chess I'm thinking of buying is ... ?

12 comments:

Morgan Daniels said...

Pop quiz, Hotshot: what was Martin Clunes's first television appearance?

Jonathan B said...

was it on a soap advert as a 5 year old or something like that?

Tom Chivers said...

Reggie Perin, and Reggie Perin's Guide to Chess?

Jonathan B said...

Reggie Perin was the new programme...

Step 1 relates to the original Reggie - or rather who played him.

Tom Chivers said...

Who played him at chess?

Anonymous said...

Leonard Rossiter - Philip Rossiter?

Anonymous said...

The original Reggie Perrin was played by Leonard Rossiter.....who played a character called Smyslov in A Space Odyssey.......so, a new book of Smyslov's games maybe?

Comment Moderator said...

Our second anonymous friend has it ...

but now I look up the link I see that it was New in Chess producing the book not Quality chess.

Oops sorry about that.

Anyway, NIC have just released a book on the Botvinnik-Smyslov" World Championship matches.



- JB

Comment Moderator said...

... the third step being Smyslov played Botvinnk in three world championship matches.

ejh said...

The fourth step being I nearly put my fist through the screen having spent quite a lot of time I didn't have perusing the Quality Chess website.

I even started wondering whether CJ de Mooi had written something for them.

Jonathan B said...

Sorry again EJH.

I didn't get where I am today without making the odd careless blunder I'm afraid.

ejh said...

Cock-up on the publisher information front I'm afraid