Thursday, December 03, 2015

Two together

Ray's Times column, Tuesday 1 December:

What does the writer think "duet" means? Is Ray Cyrus Lakdawala in disguise?

[Ray Keene index]


Anonymous said...

Maybe he means a "pas de deux" of books. He could at least put it in italics then.

Niall said...

Poetic licence, innit?

Anonymous said...

Ray Cyrus. Or indeed.

Anonymous said...

Not sure what you're trying to say. I've only read a couple of Lakdawala's books. I think Kramnik and Capablanca Move by Move. OMG they are so brilliant! The most wonderful chess-related prose I've ever read. (Almost "the only wonderful".. who else? Donner? uh.. E Winter and you guys have your moments.) The guy has an extreme gift for metaphor. Anyway, I totally loved them.
So how Ray gets accused of being Lakdawala when he misuses a word, I'm not sure. Envy? Obviously I'm missing a lot.