Monday, July 12, 2010

More questions than answers?

  1. Could Simon Williams do for chess what Jamie Oliver did for food? "That video was hysterical," commented PG last month, about Simon Williams's latest. "Get that man on TV now! Seriously." I completely agree. It's no surprise Simon's blog is picking up readers and comments - but this man deserves a bigger stage, if anyone in British chess does.

  2. I have 6221 Cubits to spend at ChessCube. What should I buy? They sell videos by one FM, five IMs and nine GMs, but currently the only videos in my price range are those by Andrew Martin: nine volumes of his "general guide to the opening", and forty-nine of his shows. Decisions, decisions . . .

  3. . . . indecisions. I could, of course save them and try to earn more. After all, I got them for free: one day, out of the blue, I had thirty; the next three thousand. Then the option came along to play for more, and I won another three thousand or so. But the excitement is rather wearing off. Perhaps I should forget all about them, and give up online chess altogether?

  4. Scifi fans out there will have no doubt already be wondering whether chesscube Cubits are named after the historical currency, or the currency in the Battlestar Galactica franchise. Good question.

  5. And on the subject of scifi chess crossovers, if my Cubits could buy me this t-shirt, would they not be spent already?

No comments: