Wednesday, June 06, 2007

In Chess - In Life?


Dr. Martin Luther King said on August 28, 1963, on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, “I say to you today my friends so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. Behold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal.”

You may wonder how these words about equality are relevant to you, to chess, or to me.

To chess??

(Find out here.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you would be suprised how any similarities chess has to life

Methinks she's borrowed that thought from Gazza ;-)

Tom Chivers said...

Thought I'd heard it before somewhere...

Unknown said...

i know in life it's not about winning or losing, but what we're wearing.

Is it the same in chess?

seriously. nice speech.