Sunday, May 11, 2008

Nigel Davies' email to the S&BCC blog

From: Nigel Davies [ email address withheld - JB ]
Date: Sat, May 10, 2008 at 5:44 PM
Subject: Libelous comment on your blog


"To Streatham and Brixton Chess Club

There is a libelous article on your blog of which the
following comment is the clearly actionable:

"[ Text removed - JB ]"

http://snipurl.com/2883h
[streathambrixtonchess_blogspot_com]

This has no basis whatsoever (the supposed 'evidence'
is just ridiculous) and is damaging to me personally
and professionally. To avoid legal action I suggest
you remove the entire post immediately.

I will be writing to your blog host separately.

Sincerely,


Nigel Davies

http://www.tigerchess.com/"



The comment to which Mr. Davies takes exception, which was not written by a S&BCC blog contributor nor even a S&BCC member, has been removed.

The article and the remaining comments can be seen here.

3 comments:

Morgan Daniels said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ryan said...

It seems that I am the offending contributor. I am quite horrified that something I wrote caused offence and I sincerely apologise to Nigel Davies for this.

I also apologize to Streatham & Brixton Chess Club for causing them trouble.

I simply can't remember what I wrote, so I'm afraid I can say no more except that no offence was intended.

Tom Chivers said...

Comments on this posting have now been closed.